Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thoughts: Early

D&C 54:10  "And again, be patient in tribulation until I come; and, behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, and they who have sought me early shall find rest to their souls.  Even so. Amen."

I long for rest, for peace, for a lack of unease within myself and my conscience.  Christ is telling us that this is possible if we seek Him early.  But what does that mean?

I think that to seek Christ early means to seek Him before we feel compelled to seek Him because of hardships and trials.  It means to use our will-power, that God-given gift of agency, to choose to seek Him even when everything is going right.  Not because we have to, not because there is any particular urgent need.  But simply because we love Him and long for the peace and joy that comes from knowing Him.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I think that's true. It's very easy to turn to Him when things are awful and you need that source of consolation. However, it's those followers who read scriptures daily, pray daily, and thank Him for their blessings when things are going well that will be exceptionally blessed for their faith. :)

    ReplyDelete