Sunday, March 13, 2011

Atonement and Agency

Do you ever feel like Heavenly Father is so close, trying to speak to you, but you can't hear Him as if there were a big glass wall between you?

That's how I felt the other day. Maybe it wouldn't have been quite so awful if it weren't for the fact that I knew that I was the one who had put up that wall. I had done it by sinning and by allowing myself to slip into bad habits. I did things I knew I shouldn't and I didn't do some things I knew I should. I had muted the Spirit by simple little choices of which I knew better.

But here's the beautifully simple truth: Through the power of the Atonement and the gift of Agency, I can bring that glass wall crashing down. If I desire it and ask for the Lord's help, He will show me the right choices to make. He will guide and direct me. I can have a member of the Godhead present with me always: the Holy Ghost. I need not be lonely or afraid. I need not feel lost and insecure. I am loved by my Father in Heaven and so are you. I challenge you to break down your glass wall. Invite Christ more fully into your life through sincere prayer and study. Allow Him to teach you, shape you, and lead you home.

No comments:

Post a Comment