Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Atonement

Thank you so much to those of you who shared your testimonies. They touched and inspired me. I hope more of you will share your testimonies as time goes on.

I want to share my testimony of the Atonement of Christ.

I know that although I am imperfect, although I am weak and make mistakes, I will be able to live with my Father in Heaven again. I will be able to be with my family forever. I will be able to experience perfect joy. I know that all this is possible because Christ atoned for my sins. Through the power of His atonement, I can be made clean. I can rise above the world and be pure. This purifying process may be painful, but it will be effective because of the Atonement. Somehow, Christ sacrificed Himself for all of us. He experienced everything that we experience. He knows our pains and our sorrow. He died for us. I love Him for this. I love Him for showing us the way back to our Heavenly Father. I love Him for being the perfect example. All we must do is come unto Him. If we desire righteousness and give our will to God, He will lead us. We can have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost to help direct us in our lives. We will be led to do the things that will bring us peace, hope, and joy both in this life and in the life to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment