Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Quiet Heart

I'm sorry,
I'm so sorry
For your hurt,
So deep and raw
And real.

I know your pain
Not because I could ever fully understand it,
But because I have scars too
Written on my heart.
I know what it is to have them ripped open again and again.
I'll show you mine...
You don't have to show me yours.

I'm sorry,
I'm so sorry.
I know a little of loneliness
And addiction
Of misunderstanding
And pain...
So much pain.

But we're not the only ones with scars.
He has them too
On His hands and His wrists and His side.
But especially on His heart.

Where I fail to truly understand
He never will.
He knows perfectly,
Feels deeply,
Comprehends fully.

Come to Him.
If not to be healed yet,
At least to be understood.
Healing will come with time...

"In the quiet heart is hidden, Sorrow that the eye can't see!"
-- Lord I Would Follow Thee

No comments:

Post a Comment